Submit photos by March 15, 2017, for the 2018 Calendars
The Greyhound Project collects photos for the Celebrating Greyhounds Calendars all year long, and we're already preparing for the 2018 calendars.
Photo submission guidelines have changed this year, so please note:
- We are only accepting digital images. The images must have been taken at the highest resolution that your camera will produce in order to be acceptable for printing.
- Please include a printout of the image (plain paper is fine). On the front of the printout, include the file name(s) and the following information exactly as you would like it printed if we choose your photo:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your adoption group or other source of the dog(s)
- Please clearly print just your last name on the CD (first choice) or thumb drive with a Sharpie (or label or tape if needed).
- Please do not crop or enlarge a smaller print. Feel free to draw on the printout if you want to suggest crop marks.
- We receive hundreds of photos, so please limit submissions to your very best shots (maximum of five photos per dog).
- Please only send images that are in sharp focus.
- Please send photos in one package and on one CD or thumb drive.
- If you have photos that were taken by someone else, please obtain their written permission for us to use the photos.
- If the photo was taken at a nursing home or therapy program of some sort, please obtain written permission from the program.
The photos for the calendars are selected by a group of greyhound adopters in April for the following year. The members of the group change from year to year, depending on who is available to gather around some big tables and go through the photos. The people looking at the photos generally won't know the people or the dogs in the pictures. They are looking for the images that 'speak' to them and are in sharp focus.
The selections for the wall calendar will be taken from photos submitted in horizontal, or "landscape" format, and the desk calendar requires vertical, or "portrait" format photos. Normally, we receive far more photos in landscape, so we have fewer to choose from in portrait.
The Greyhound Project, Inc.
Attn: Calendar photos
P.O. Box 5239
Framingham, MA 01701
Photos that are not used in the calendars may be passed along to Celebrating Greyhounds Magazine to appear in a future issue. Sorry, but we are not able to return any photos or submitted media.
To Purchase a Calendar
Please make every attempt to purchase your 2017 calendars directly from your adoption group. That's why we publish them! If your group is out, you may purchase them directly from The Greyhound Project late in the year. Calendars are currently on sale for 40-50% off to make room for 2018 calendars!
Groups interested in purchasing calendars for resale should email admin @ adopt-a-greyhound . org for an order form.
A list of hounds included in the 2017 calendars was published in July 2016 on the Celebrating Greyhounds Calendar page on Facebook.
As of August 28, 2016, these 86 groups have purchased calendars to resell.